Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How? HOW?

I don't just go around handing out my e-mail address. I give it out when I see a little box saying, "We will not use your e-mail address for third-parties blah blah blah," or if the store or person I'm giving it to has a genuine reputation or reason for needing it.


And yet, STILL, I'm getting junk mail. WHERE HAVE I GONE WRONG? One of these websites/stores is lying, clearly, and giving out e-mail addresses to whoever asks willy-nilly. How can we trust the world in these troubled times? I just deleted a bunch of e-mails from my Junk Mail folder in my inbox: Fucbook, ROLEX GIVEAWAYS FREE GET IT NOW, Enlarge Your P*N*S...and some girl keeps e-mailing me, asking where I've been and didn't I like her anymore. 


LADY, I DON'T KNOW YOU, STOP E-MAILING ME ABOUT SOME NON-EXISTENT NIGHT WE SPENT TOGETHER.


I'm resorting to writing out letters now. It's fun, if a bit of a pain for my hands. Ah, how we have evolved, if we (or maybe just I) find holding an actual pen tedious. I wrote to Niki while she was away at college this past year, and I enjoyed knowing she was receiving them. It felt nice - almost like a blast to the past, to the old days when our parents wrote letters because e-mails didn't exist.


Woah. A world without e-mails. Almost unthinkable to us now, isn't it? T'was called Snail Mail for a reason. No immediate way of contacting someone with official details and files attached. Of course, junk mail has existed since then too. No doubt our parents were getting fliers about brothels downtown, or the newest supermarket sales (sans coupons, the bastards).


Obviously, I'm not really resorting to hand-written letters all the time. Like I said, it's a pain. Also, e-mails are free, and I'm frugal/stingy. 


Ja ne.

No comments:

Post a Comment