Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Friends, Love and Theatre

I kind of love my friends.

I've joined LIP Theatre, which is a student-run theatre society at the university. We've had a nightly show over the past three days, consisting of several 15-minute sketches. The sketch that I'm in is on last.

I asked (cough-bullied-cough) my friends to come support me. It was 3 pounds a ticket, and to get to watch me, you had to stay through the entire 2 hours of the show. And Tuesday, yesterday, a bunch of them showed up!

I was so happy to see them. We've all been so busy with the course lately, and I really didn't think as many of them would show up as they did. As soon as it was the interval, I ran out from backstage, grinning my face off, and gave them monster hugs. One of my friends picked me right up and twirled me about, and another jokingly asked for my autograph (which I graciously gave). I felt like a complete star, which is great for a self-confessed narcissist such as myself. Later, after they had watched me perform, we headed to the bar to watch the rest of some football game that was apparently a big deal (not a big fan, but I clapped when the others were cheering).

In other news, I'm headed home in 3 weeks! I'm so excited! I seriously cannot wait to see my family, especially my dog. The other day Mum turned the webcam toward Bruno when I was Skyping her, and I felt so homesick as I watched him play around with Dad. First thing I do when I get home (after getting a burger) is hug Bruno and never let go. 

But anyway. Our last performance was tonight. The rest of the cast have gone for an after-party, but I've had to come home and work on my architecture stuff. Balancing the course and theatre is getting difficult, but I want to do both of them, and so I'm making the effort. It's only my first year, after all. If I can't do it now, I don't know how I'll cope in later years.

Ja ne.

No comments:

Post a Comment