Thursday, May 9, 2013

Summer Holidays!

Ah, three months of nothingness is in front of me, and I'm not quite sure how we'll cope. 

We've submitted our portfolios, gotten them back, and now we're just waiting on the results, which should be up by next week. Then we'll find out if any of us have to work a little more and resubmit, or maybe resit the entire year (fingers crossed I'm clear on all counts). 

We went to watch Derren Brown a few days ago, on Tuesday. The show was in Edinburgh, so four of us took the train and met up with another friend over there, and headed to the show after a very late (I'm talking 17:00-late) lunch. It was at the Edinburgh Playhouse, which is this grand ole theatre that was really lovely. 

Have you ever watched Derren Brown? Because you should. You should be able to find him on Youtube. His stuff online is amazing, but seeing him do it, live, is simply mind-boggling. No idea how he does it. I won't reveal exactly what he did (he actually asked the audience not to, since it would spoil it for the rest of the world should they go see him, and makes sense once you watch the show), but just know that I was blown away.

I've always been attracted to magic, and people who have mastered the sleight of hand. It just signals quickness, and intelligence, and witticism, and I go a bit weak at the knees. And Derren Brown - hooo boy. I was shrieking and clapping as soon as he walked onstage, and he hadn't really done anything yet but bow. 

I'm heading back home on the 23rd of this month. Looking forward to it, but kind of not at the same time. I've spent a whole year with these people, and to leave them for three months is a bit odd. And I'll miss them all for that time. I've never really been a person who texts or chats on Facebook very much. I'm good for talking (Skype, or phoning me up), but chatting online irritates me for some reason. I tend to appear offline for the majority of the time, unless I need to talk to someone specifically about something. 

Lately, I've been feeling a bit...restless in my personal relationships with people. I'm not entirely sure what's causing this, but I'm feeling like I'm pulling away from people without quite meaning to. I spend the same amount of time with them that I normally do, but I seem to feel this distance opening up at the same time. I feel kind of...disconnected. Like things are happening around me, and I'm just standing there and witnessing it all, not really a part of it. I want to break out of whatever it is, but having been unable to truly identify the problem, I can't exactly find the solution.

Hopefully this will all just sort itself out.


Stephen and I signed our lease the other day. We're officially moving in together, and I'm completely excited to be living with him. He's a lovely person, a snappy dresser, and an amazing cook, and we get on really well. We've always clicked. Early on in the course, we would work together until four in the morning, laughing and talking and working. I adore him, and I think the next year will be so much better with him being around. 

And to be honest, quite a few of us will be close by. Maybe a 5 minute walk away, 10 minutes if you're walking slowly (which I do, so let's just say everyone's a 10-minute walk away). Gavin will be, and a few more of my close friends. Some of them are ages away, I'll admit, but I'll just be seeing them in studio anyway. I'm so glad Stephen and I are in the same flat.

We're already planning our flat-warming, so that should be good. I'm quite looking forward to it.

But anyway. That's me for now.

Ciao.




No comments:

Post a Comment