Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween and Cheesy Bits

Last year, Halloween, we didn't do much. In fact, I think we just forgot completely that it WAS Halloween.


THIS year, however, we're proper gearing up. I ran around yesterday last minute gathering up the last supplies for my costume (basically the entire thing) at the mall, and called up Joann to get me some stuff that wasn't available. Mum went and bought candy to hand out to the trick-or-treaters. Since I hate candy anyway (I'm just going for the novelty of trick-or-treating), I figure I'll come home, dump the candy on Mum, and she can hand out even more.


Or possibly I'll give it to a passing kid, I don't know. Unless someone gives me Bounty. I love Bounty. I know a lot of people hate coconut-filled chocolates and all, but hey, I'm Sri Lankan. My countrymen grew coconuts for a living.


I'll put pictures up later. Of the costume and stuff, I mean, not the coconuts.


I'm not sure what's happening later, actually. What I know for certain is that Gillian and Joann are coming over to trick-or-treat, and then spending the night for a horror movie marathon. They may bring their little cousin Gabby with them, and maybe another friend, Aamna. And my cousin may come along too, but she's still deciding. So yeah, not sure how it's all going to happen in the end.


Oh, and I did the silliest thing yesterday. I decided that we'd have nachos and homemade nacho cheese dip during the marathon, so I bought the ingredients yesterday at Geant, Ibn Battuta (henceforth, in this and future posts, known simply as Ibn). I now have all the ingredients for nacho cheese, including a large two-pack of processed cheese slices, and no nachos. 


Genius, I tell you.


Luckily, though, most anything can be dipped in cheese and taste good. Some people, like my cousin, would disagree with me just because they hate cheese. HOWEVER. Cheese on earth is like heavenly stuff in heaven (What do you get in heaven, other than eternal wishes? I know that there's some sort of magical river or something, plus pomegranates [this is upsetting, actually, because I don't even like pomegranates. I'm just going to wish for cheese, if I end up there]).


So I'll fry up some sausages, maybe toast bread, add some jalapenos or something. Grilled chicken works too. We're all going to die of a coronary, I know it.


Only to end up in heaven and wish for more cheese. Ah, irony.


Anyhoo.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment